“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
– World Health Organisation
During my career I have gained experience in a range of areas including strategic HR, learning and development, change of management, talent and performance management, and operational HR.
When will coaching be of value to you?
Coaching for your career within HR will be of value whether just starting out or moving between senior roles.
If it is time to move roles, as someone working within HR you may be able to recruit others, but it is still hard to be a candidate. People often struggle to put the learning from the recruiter side into practice as an applicant.
Maybe you are asking yourself questions like:
• Why am I not getting the roles I want?
• Why am I feeling unfulfilled in my role?
• There is a gap between where you are now and where you want to be?
• You have lots of ideas and / or opportunities but can’t decide which route you wish to take?
How would coaching benefit you and your career?
The sort of topics people bring to sessions include:
• Help to make the right career decisions by understanding personal motivators, values, areas of particular interest, longer term aspirations, etc which can then inform your plans and goals
.• Identifying the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to develop to progress a career as an HR professional. This can be done in line with the CIPD profession map
.• Developing your personal brand and impact, including identifying your strengths.
• Support to progress the transition between roles. This may include the skills you need to achieve this successfully by drawing out your achievements and overcoming limiting beliefs, and using this insight to produce an effective CV and application, and demonstrate your best self at interview.